fredag 22 maj 2015

Review: Scarlett Fever

Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had no idea this was the second book in a series: nothing on it tells you that. Unless you go read the "previous work by the author"-section and notice that there's another book with "Scarlett" in the name, but that's the only hint.

Oh, well, just as well. I would probably not have picked it up had I known that: now I just saw an author name that I recognized but had never read, and figured it was time to give her a chance. It works well as a stand-alone, and I might pick up the first book if it ever comes my way.

I did like Scarlett, and I found the book to be mostly believable and interesting. But by the end I felt like it kinda became a bit too much, with BOTH the brother and sister plotlines. It works, but it still felt like it's a bit much happening to one family, you know?

Most of the things from the first book is explained or not relevant for it to be bothersome, but the brother's intense hatred of his sisters' love interestes kinda bugged me. Maybe he did have a reason from the first book, but it just seemed like he didn't like them because you're never supposed to like the guy who is dating your sister.

But very enjoyable and I found myself wishing I could back to reading it while I was doing other stuff, which is always a good sign. Will probably read more things by Johnson.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: