måndag 18 maj 2015

Review: Den skarpa eggen

Den skarpa eggen (Den mörka materian #2)Den skarpa eggen by Philip Pullman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

At first I thought I wouldn't like this as much as the first book. It was just a bit too much with the alternative universes and freaking Will taking over as a POV character at times (I liked Lyra a lot less from his perspective ... at least at first!), but somehow it all worked really well. And I enjoyed that we got to see other people take the narrative, such as the witches and Lee Scoresby. It was all very nicely tied together.

Until, like, the last five pages? Man, those were not good. Things happened very quickly and almost comically (despite being foreshaded throughout the book), metaphors more of less came to life (that whole taking his father's coat-thing... is that even how the idiom goes in English???), and the Christian themes became insanely real. No thanks, that's not ym thing at all.

But we'll see. The book was good, and I wasn't sold on the ending of the last book either, so maybe the third one will be better. I just need to collect more points on certain websites so I can order the next book. It'll probably be a few weeks until I get to read the end: very frustrating!

And yes I cried when a certain character died!!! He was my fave. :(

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: