tisdag 19 februari 2008

…and the world we must defend

Jag hade väldigt tråkigt i skolan. Och skrev ihop en grej vi pratat om på MSN dagen innan.

“Damn you, weedle”, Jack muttered, and leaned back in his chair. “You ugly… bug.”
“Ugly bugs, sir?” Sheppard asked. He had happened to enter the room just in time to catch Jack’s last words.
Jack stuttered for a second, weighing two options: either to tell the colonel what the hell he was talking about, or lie about it. “Very ugly bugs”, he nodded, and went with the first alternative. “Poisonous.”
“If you don’t mind me asking”, Sheppard said, grinning, “but what are you talking about?”
“This game”, Jack answered, and waved a gameboy towards the other man.
“Pokémon… sir?” Sheppard read of the game’s label.
“Yeah”, Jack admitted, still muttering. “I bought it before we left, I had a feeling Daniel would like to stay here a bit longer than planned.”
Sheppard nodded, Jack had been very right on that account, since Daniel was (at least it was a qualified guess) locked up in a library somewhere. To be perfectly honest, no one had seen the man for the last couple hours, which was more or less standard procedure.
“Which version?” Sheppard wondered instead.
Jack gave him an inquiring look. “Red”, he said.
“I was always more of a blue fan”, Sheppard thought, and pulled out an old gameboy color from a pocket.
“I bet you’re one of those guys who starts out with bulbasaur just to have an advantage at the first two gyms”, Jack said with a bitter undertone.
“Why would anyone want to start with anyone else?” Sheppard began, but then changed his course: “don’t tell me you’re into charmander?”
“Of course I am!” Jack exclaimed. “You got to choose between a turtle, a plant, and a dragon – don’t you think it’s pretty obvious which one’s the best?”
“Pokémon doesn’t work that way! It’s much more complex than that!”
“Oh, shut it, I’ve gotta catch this Pikachu”, jack cut him off, was quite for a moment, and then let out a victoriously “yeees!”.
“Did you just start playing that?” Sheppard asked. “That was a level 5…!”
“I lost my original game”, Jack said. “So what will I name this one…?”
“You name your pokémons?”
“Yes. And if you don’t shut up soon I will dedicate you a snorlax.”
“I’m looking forward to it.”
“Ssscccccchhhh!”

An hour, maybe two, passed, and then Jack once again was interrupted. This time it was not by Sheppard, who had been quietly playing too, but by Rodney McKay. He looked at the two men, who had been eyeing him for a second before returning to their games, and then shook his head.
“Pokémon?” he asked with a strong sense of disliking in his voice.
“Red and blue”, Sheppard confirmed.
“The original? You’re not even playing firered and leafgreen?”
“No.”
“Oh, you are so sad”, McKay thought. “You know, last week I finished pearl and diamond. I bet you haven’t played through Johto yet in silver.”
“For your information”, Sheppard said annoyed, “I finished silver years ago; I just like my team here better.”
“Yeah right”, McKay laughed. “What team? That pathetic lot I kicked the crap out of last month?”
“You imported a level 100 mewtwo from Ronon. That’s cheating.”
“I gave up Sam for that!” McKay protested.
“You gave up what!?” Jack suddenly asked.
“He named his mew Sam”, Sheppard explained.
“Yeah, well, Ronon wasn’t too happy about that. Especially not when it turned out to be a male.”
“Oh, for crying out loud”, Jack said (cried out loud?). “You’ve had a mew? How the hell did you get that?”
“Oh, well”, McKay said, and smiled in a way he thought was particularly superior and secretive. “You’d like to know, wouldn’t you?”
“Give it up, Rodney, you saw a video about it on YouTube.”
“I would have figured it out anyway!”
“No you wouldn’t!”
“Well, I—“
“Daniel!” Jack exclaimed when said nerd stuck his head in through the door. “Time to go?”
“Actually…”
“That’s too bad”, Jack continued, saved his game, and shut off the gameboy. “I was really enjoying this”, he said to the other two.
“Yeah, you better run!” Sheppard shouted after him, and McKay gave him an odd look. “He likes charmander”, Sheppard added as if it explained everything.

That's enough of that shit.

1 kommentar:

Trams sa...

I love you for this! <3
Så bäst! :D