torsdag 26 mars 2015

Review: Filosofiska söndagsklubben


Filosofiska söndagsklubben
Filosofiska söndagsklubben by Alexander McCall Smith

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I needed something like this after four kinda long fantasy books (though they're not the heaviest things I've read). Short, extremely easy to read, and not overly complicated.

Isabel was pretty nice, but her and Cat's relationship was way too much like Domenica and Pat's relationship in the 44 Scotland Street series, to the point where they barely felt like their own characters. There's of course a bit of Mma Ramotswe in Isabel, but it's been a while since I read Ladies' Detective Agency, so that didn't bother me as much.

The mystery wasn't that thrilling, but that isn't exactly what I expected either. I think it had a pretty satisfying conclusion, given the type of book this is.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: