tisdag 10 mars 2015

Review: Asunder


Asunder
Asunder by Jodi Meadows

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh, we're really building up to something good here, aren't we? Honestly, Meadows does foreshadowing a lot better than most YA authors do, and I appreciate that. You can totally see there everything is coming from, but you can't exactly see it coming from the first sentence of the book. A nice change for me after having read a whole bunch of predictable books (not that I didn't enjoy those too).

The romance ... well, at one point I was kinda rolling my eyes and thinking that I was so done with it and oh my gods, why can't two characters in love having an argument just fucking TALK to each other??? And what happens in the chapter after that? They fucking talk to each other and reach an agreement. Didn't see that one coming, but I'm so happy it did.

Didn't like how the word "asunder" kept popping up. If you're gonna use that as your title, you draw too much attention to it to over-use it like that. Mentioning it more than once or twice is just gonna seem a bit ... I don't even know, just that I don't like it.

But I'm excited for the third book. Ana doesn't have an easy task in front of her, but obviously she's gonna do it because no one else will. I'm hoping we'll get a good solution and explanation: so many YA mysteries/dystopians doesn't really deliver when trying to explain things by the end, but I'm actually hopeful on this one. The fantasy element kinda helps, to be honest. And maybe some more dragons in the next one? That'd be awesome.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: