fredag 11 september 2015

Review: Slaughterhouse-Five

Slaughterhouse-Five Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is honestly not a book I saw myself rereading only a year after I first read it, but it was picked for my book club so here we are.

I honestly liked it better the second time around, which is why I've added a star. Maybe it's just better in English, I don't know, but it was a lot funnier than I remember it, and some other parts just hit right "in the feels", which I don't recall them doing the last time I read it. Back then I thought it was weird, but good, and now ...

Well, to be honest, I still think it's weird but good, but the good parts were better than I remembered them. I didn't fully understand it then, and I still don't, but for some reason it just worked better now. It might just be because it's better in the original language, but what do I know?

I'm just glad I didn't read it in high school. Nothing could've made me hate is having had to do that and then discuss it with a bunch of teenagers.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: