onsdag 29 april 2015

Review: Prodigy


Prodigy
Prodigy by Marie Lu

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sooo, I know I said I wanted the romance to slowly develop over the course of this book, buuuut that didn't happen. Instead we get some bullshit June-is-in-love-with-Day-but-intrigued-by-Anden and Day-is-in-love-with-June-but-thinks-himself-inferior-and-kinda-lusts-after-Tess-instead-because-she's-safe-and-everyone-ships-them. UGH NO. It should've been "I shouldn't trust you but for some fucking reason I do and awww shit now it's the end of the book and I realize I'm in love with you" not "I should trust you because I love you but I don't because our relationship is crap". Disappointed.

But we did get a glimpse of the rest of the world!! And it's confirmed, we're totally looking at the US, rolling our eyes going "ehhh, you're on your own now, we done with you". Loved it. Loved that we're not just assuming the rest of the world has disappeared or are worse off, but instead we actually know that nope, you fucked this up yourselves. Mostly. Except natural disasters. Karma's a bitch or something.

I have no idea what book three is gonna be about? I feel everything almost wrapped up by the end of this one, but it's kinda interesting that we're doing new things all the time. Seeing them working inside the system is really gonna be interesting, though maybe they'll give up in the end and riot. Probably not.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: