måndag 20 april 2015

Review: Britt-Marie var här


Britt-Marie var här
Britt-Marie var här by Fredrik Backman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I very much should have removed my make-up before finishing this, because let's be real, it's not exactly a surprise that I bawled my eyes out at the end. LOVED IT. For this book it was definitely the perfect ending, even though it might not sound like it if someone would tell it to you.

In this book we follow one of the characters from Min mormor hälsar och säger förlåt, Britt-Marie, who leaves her husband and gets a job mostly so that if she dies someone will miss her and come find her. I think that's relatable, right?

This is more similar to A man called Ove, than Min mormor hälsar och säger förlåt, since it's about a grumpy older person making friends with people who are younger than them and becoming attached to kids. Yes, it's kinda predictable when you've read Backman's other book, but it's still SO GOOD and I still LOVE IT so I don't care.

Definitely one of my favourite authors. I can't even say which of his books I've loved the most.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: