tisdag 7 april 2015

Review: Det varsamma bruket av komplimanger


Det varsamma bruket av komplimanger
Det varsamma bruket av komplimanger by Alexander McCall Smith

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A bit disappointed in this book, because I was kinda looking forward to seeing Isabel dealing with being pregnant, seeing how her relationship with Jamie develops and seeing Cat react to it ... and then we just skip about a year ahead, the baby is born, they're happily dating and Cat is fucking pissed. I mean what!? Don't make someone pregnant and then ignore all the consequences: since baby Charlie spends most of his time with Grace, we see pretty much no change in Isabel's life at all.

I mean, it's not Stephen Moffat levels of bad when it comes to fictional pregnancies, but it's fucking lazy and I'm disappointed. The only lasting thing we saw was Cat being mad about the whole Jamie-thing, but I still think we should've seen more of that.

The mystery in this one had a really good solution, the problem was of course that before the solution I didn't really care for it. I didn't think it would be resolved that way, so it was a nice surprise, but since I didn't think something like that would happen I had a very mild interest in it up until that point.

There were some good parts though, I didn't hate it. Isabel buying the magazine sort of made up for everything, even though it maybe wasn't morally right.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: