onsdag 3 juni 2015

Review: Kretsen

Kretsen (Kretsen, #1)Kretsen by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gonna four star, because I liked it, but it wasn't the best thing ever. However, then there's the plot twist. The twist in itself is well done, even though it is a bit cliché, and I thought it was well hinted at in the earlier parts of the book. So well I had to go back and see exactly how the twist was introduced, and realized that the entire thing was given away in one of the earliest chapters: you just end up thinking it's a joke at the time. I laughed for like ten minutes after I realized, it's fucking brilliant and I have to give it five stars after that.

But yeah, this book is right up my alley. Give me young adult urban fantasy stuff all day, every day, I love that. Witches (ish)! Magic! Prophecies (ish)! Boarding schools! Dark rituals! Mythology! FUCK YEAH. Okay, so the boarding school stuff wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but the rest was, and I loved.

I also loved Blue's home/family. Everyone she knows is a psychic, but Blue herself isnt': instead she tends to boost other people's abilities. She lives in a house with her mother, her mother's best friends, some aunts and just a big fucking house full of psychic women that don't really like boys (though sadly, no lesbians). Awesome.

The plot is cool too, and I'm really gonna try to get the other books in the series as soon as possible. Did not really expect that, but this is def up with The Circle in the greats of YA urban fantasy for me.

View all my reviews

Inga kommentarer: