måndag 19 januari 2015

Review: Kärlek på skotska


Kärlek på skotska
Kärlek på skotska by Alexander McCall Smith

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I must say I liked the second book better. I understand that, finishing the second book as he did, it was hard to go on in the same manner in this one, and I kinda felt the book suffered for it. As much as I hate Bruce, I kinda loved hating on him.

And in general, it was not so much about Scotland Street in this one, was it? The only person living there, except for Bertie but he hardly counts, was Antonia and she's hardly a long-term resident. So that was a shame.

Dominica living with the pirates was also pretty weird: I feel McCall Smith wrote himself into a corner with that one. Maybe it would've been better just to skip that entire year and start when she got back again? I don't really know.

I'm not sold on Pat getting together with whine master Matthew either. I was hoping they'd both find someone better suited for them, but oh well...

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: