onsdag 7 januari 2015

Review: The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)


The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Pippin remains my fave book character, together with Gandalf of course. Don't get me wrong, I like movie!Pippin as much as anyone, but he is funny in a very different way in the books, and I always forget it. The delight of rereading books.

I don't even know what else to say???? I loved it, as usual??? Idk. I guess Tom Bombadill is still my least fave part, ESPECIALLY since right after that they arrive to Bree and then following two chapters are some of the best in all three books. But I do like it when Frodo, Sam and Pippin are hiking through the Shire, and I love the conspiracy unmasked as well. Especially since that part was totally left out of the movies.

I still laugh whenever Galadriel asks for Gandalf, and she doesn't even say the exact line from the movie. To Isengard, to Isengard...

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: