lördag 17 januari 2015

Review: Espressoberättelser


Espressoberättelser
Espressoberättelser by Alexander McCall Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this more than the first book, probably because I was a bit more familiar with the concept and the characters and knew what to expect.

Bertie's parts are still my favourite, and it was nice to see things get better for him. I also liked seeing Bruce fuck up, although of course he was a smug ass by the end still. Oh well, you can't get everything.

I didn't really like Matthey in this though: I found him sympathetic in the first book, but this hatred of Janis in this one was a bit too much. And Pat suddenly wanting him when he was rich? Plz...

You could tell McCall Smith didn't plan on writing more in this series (he even says it in the foreword), so it'll be interesting to see what happens in book three, but I'm sure he'll make it work. I've seen other series going on for longer than expected with good results, I've no reason to doubt that this will.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: