lördag 20 december 2014

Review: Pappersstäder


Pappersstäder
Pappersstäder by John Green

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yeah, finished in a day, because it may be past midnight but I have not gone to bed yet.

At first, I was very put off by this book. I mean the premise sounded a lot like Looking for Alaska: girl brings boy out of his shell, girl disappears, boy wonder if she commits suicide. Even worse, the MC was a carbon-copy of the MC of the last book I read: boy who has had a life-long crush on his childhood best friend that he hasn't spoken to in ten year or so, boy's best friend is sexist and obsessed with getting laid, girl shows up again and shows interest in boy who is sure this means they're meant to be. Just, ugh.

But it was so much more than that! The mystery of where Margo disappears to is interesting and I never really felt like Quentin was being an idiot for going after her, she clearly wanted to be found. And then, when he figures out all the clues and goes on a roadtrip ... that part was GREAT. It will be great on screen.

...damn. Does this mean I have to go see a movie based on a John Green book? I try really hard to hate that guy, but shit, dude can write.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: