fredag 14 augusti 2015

Review: Vassa föremål

Vassa föremål Vassa föremål by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh yeees, I loved the twist in this one! The endings of both Gone Girl and Dark Places were ... I mean, they were not bad, but they fell kinda flat for me, since I had expected something else from the build-up of the book. Not so much with this one: it made a lot of sense, was hinted at enough for it to be somewhat of a shock but not completely out of the blue, and it was a satisfying ending to the story.

My main concern is how I feel about the main character. I think she's honestly quite misogynistic, and hates on other women a lot. Sometimes with good reason, but sometimes I'm not entirely sure if her views are meant to be accepted as the author's views or just the character's. When it's just internal monologue it's hard to tell if the narrative is condemning something or not.

But that is really all I have to complain about, and it's almost not even a complaint. The pacing is really good and the book is pretty short, which isn't something I demand from books, but it's nice to see an author who knows when to stop and knows how much story she had to tell. No dragging it out, it all unravels nicely and in a way that's beliveable.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: