tisdag 25 augusti 2015

Review: Around the World in Eighty Days

Around the World in Eighty Days Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So this book is old.

Mostly you can tell from the writing style, but of course also from how outrageously racists some sentences are. It's all the British are so good, all the others are savages, blah blah. Luckily there isn't too much of that, but eh, still.

But it does include a lot of tropes that I like: betrayal and found family and rich people throwing their money at stuff that are technically impossible and suceeding despite all odds and stuff. So that's good, even though I never really feel I get close to any characters when reading classic-classics.

The last line was cheesy, but I liked it because apparently I am cheesy. :P


True story.

Inga kommentarer: