lördag 18 juli 2015

Review: Om en Buick 8

Om en Buick 8Om en Buick 8 by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Who'd have thought a book about a car could be this good? To be fair I didn't know what to expect going into it: my thoughts were more on something like that Supernatural episode with the racist truck, rather than the car just being a ... well, whatever it is!

But it was good. Honestly, while the last 50 pages were much better than in some of King's books, I could've done without them. It could've just ended after all the stories, without any real third act to speak of. What happened worked, it really did, but it would've been a good ending either way.

Honestly, the only reason I'm giving it 4 stars, is because I fucking hate mixed POV. I don't know why this wasn't told entirely in first or third person, but rather switched between them: it would've been much better if he'd just picked on and went with it. Stephen King clearly knows how to write in either POV, so I don't see why he would switch like that. It takes me out of the book in a weird way.

Oh, well. Maybe I should give Christine a try now? That's a car too, isn't it?

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: