torsdag 12 februari 2015

Review: Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale


Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale
Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale by Holly Black

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book some ten plus years ago and remember loving it ... so I've been both wanting and not wanting to reread it since. Wanting, because, well, I loved it, didn't I? Not wanting because I've grown up, and since Holly Black is BFFing with a certain author I do not like I wasn't sure I'd still enjoy it.

Thank the gods I did! I realize I didn't remember much at all from my first read of the book, except the whole "kiss my ass"-thing which is ofc very memorable. So I basically had to discover the entire plot and world all over again - which was nice. It is a pretty good world, though I personally don't really like those gritty, dirty fantasy worlds as much as sparkly ones. Heh.

Kaye isn't the smartest protagonist at all times, but you can't really blame her for that given her age. Her little speech in the last chapter is a bit too "omg I figure it all out!" for me, I think it could probably have been ... idk, more subtle or something. But at least she got to have her shining moment of clarity.

Will probably pick up the other books later this year. Those I've never read though, so I have no idea what to expect.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: