söndag 11 januari 2015

Review: The Two Towers


The Two Towers
The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I always think that book four (the second part of this book, that's only about Frodo and Sam) is the weakest part of the trilogy, and while that may be true it is never as bad as I think it is. First, it's really short, just a little over 100 pages, and secondly: it has some really good parts. Faramir, for example, is a amazing when he shows up, plus anything concerning Gollum and fish is cute and funny.

And then they enter Shelob's lair, which is another good part because shit happens and then we get to hear orcs interact with each and I actually like that a lot. It's cool to see that they are longing for a time after the war ends when things calm down. I can so buy that there are orc farmers somewhere off in a deep part of Mordor.

And now, of course, we get to the best book of all three!! Return of the Kings. Returns are always the best, be it jedis or kings.

View all my reviews

True story.

Inga kommentarer: